Legoland Florida is dubbing 2020 the “year of the pirate” as it unveils new additions to its special events calendar.
The pirate theme plays off the upcoming Legoland Pirate Island Hotel, the third on-site accommodation at the Winter Haven set to open on April 17, 2020.
“Located just 130 kid-steps from the theme park entrance, Legoland Pirate Island Hotel will feature 150 LEGO-filled rooms (including four suites), a heated pool (complete with Lego soft bricks to build in the pool), hundreds of Lego models, in-room LEGO treasure hunts and exclusive character experiences,” the resort said in a press release.
The hotel’s grand opening will coincide with two other new pirate offerings. First, the park will host PirateFest Weekends on April 18-19, 25-26, and May 2-3, featuring exclusive pirate character meet-and-greets.
The other addition will be more permanent: a new ski show on Lake Eloise, debuting on April 18. The current show, “Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty: A Pirates’ Cove Ski Adventure” will end its eight-year run to make way for a new performance that will feature “skiing acrobatics, water stunts, pirate humor and more surprises,” according to Legoland.
The rest of the Legoland events calendar for 2020 includes several returning favorites:
- Jan. 25-26, Feb. 1-2, 8-9: Lego Ninjago Days
- Feb. 15: Legoland Water Park opens for the seasons
- July 2-4: Red, White, & Boom
- July 11-12, 18-19, 25-26, Aug. 1-2: Lego Movie Days
- Aug. 8-9: Heroes Weekend, hosted by the National Fire Protection Association
- Oct. 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, 31: Brick or Treat
- Nov. 27-29, Dec. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 24-31: Holidays at Legoland
Legoland Florida returns to theme park injury report for 1st time in 7 years
Legoland Florida owner reports ‘disappointing’ sales after ‘Lego Movie 2’ flops
Lego Movie World a sign of bigger things to come for Legoland Florida